Wednesday, February 15, 2012


The amazing American dream is one that always seems to be just in reach but yet so far away from our grasp. The American dream is different throughout our history and means different things for different generations and different classes even races. The American dream for people of color and minorities has always been one of true equality in society. However, true equality can never truly be achieved because there will always be minorities no matter what is done. This is the same for class structured with people within society. They maybe are able to move up and down in classes but us as a society will never have one class and be equal. Also different generations have different expectations of the American dream not because one generation is right or wrong but each grew up in different eras and have not the same values. Older generations wanted the white picket fence be married and kids and all that goes with it. Today’s society has an altered vision when it comes to the American dream. The common dream is one of making a name for yourself and establishing a career first. Then comes a relationship and maybe kids in the future. I also have a unique individual taken on the American dream. I want to remain in college and get my doctorate and become a doctor. I want to eventually find that special someone for me and get married before I am thirty years of age. Also I want to have all the kids I will have help create before the age of thirty two. I want to be able to enjoy and live life to the fullest and not stress over the little thing and relax. I want my life to feel like an amazing and exciting adventure not some long boring full of regret path.

No comments:

Post a Comment